... And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6


Friday, May 15, 2009

21 Months update


On May 6, Seth James turned 21 months, boy it's so hard to fathom that seth will soon turn two. It just seeemed like the other day when we were in the hospital with this lil guy. The picture above is one that reflects him with his lil Jesus teddy that his grandma gave him for Easter. If you press his left paw, the teddy sings "Oh Jesus Loves Me, Oh Jesus Loves me, Oh Jesus Loves me, the bible tells me so.... And he loves it ! He plays it over and over again and then with his sheepish smile looks up at me at says "Jesus" in his own loving way that only mama can understand, heh!
Speaking of language, our lil guy we begin speech therapy sometime next week. As I had Seth evaluated by the Early Intervention Program for speech therapy and he did qualify for the program which is great because it is funded by the state/government and it is fully paid for. A speech therapist will be coming to our home once a week for one hour to work one on one with seth. His Elegibility Evaluation Results were the following:
Gross/Fine motor skills: Average scores for all sections our between 85-105 (seth scored 103)
gross skills he's at about a 19 mth old and fine skills he is at about 28 mth old.
Self-Help/Adaptive Skills: He scored an 80 - he's about a 15 mth old - he still puts inedible objects in his mouth, picky eater but he does eat well the food he likes.
Social /Emotional skills: He scored 105 - he's right where he needs to be between 21-24mths.
Academic/Cognitive including pre-literacy skills: He scored a 90 - he's ranging between a 13-22 mth old in this area.
And last but not least - Receptive and expressive communication: He scored a 92 (receptive seth is at about an 18mths old and expressive which is his speech he is about a 15mth old. Seth has maybe about 10-15 words that he says but it's not consistent. He understands when someone speaks to him and he does have use of some sign language.
So there you have it - please keep our lil guy in your prayers that the speech therapy will help him in his further development.
Seth all in all is doing great, he continues to grow not only physically but emotionally & spiritually believe it or not. When we sing praise and worship songs to our Lord he can distinguish the difference in music and he promply raises both hands in awe of our savior.... GOD IS GOOD!
Oh that reminds me, when I took him to the evaluation for speech, there was a nurse present, the speech therapist and also the coordinator and when the ask me what words he says consistently, I proudly said "JESUS" and they all chuckled and gave me a WOW look.....

2 comments:

Ohilda said...

And Sethey always WOW's me! I love that boy!! Can't wait to hear him calling Ayi on the phone.

Omirabal said...

All what he needs to say is Po-Po, as soon as he does, everything else will come behind. I know he loves me so much, but sometime I got jelous with Gon-Gon, but that's o.k. Keep writing and showing pics, I'm copying all,lol. Love you. Po-Po.