... And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6


Thursday, August 23, 2007

Last Night's Adventure

Last Night was the funniest thing ever. But before I get into what happened, let me tell you how Seth's progress is going. We were having some problems with eating and the formula he was on. He is currently on Enfamil Lipil with Iron. Well, it appeared that he was straining to do a bowel for a couple of days and it would seem that he was having stomach pains. He was very gassy and sometimes appeared to even have some colic. After speaking to his doctor, they advised to keep him on the same formula and just increase his frequency of feeding. I had him initially on a four hour schedule but now during the day he is waking up every 2.5 - 3.0 to eat and is eating now 3-4 oz depending on his hunger, this change was much better for him, also we made the hole in the nipple alittle bigger (Seth adjusted to this nipple very well and now he has mastered it). He has much less gas, he is now going to the bathroom regulary and hardly any stomach pains. And YES! Seth is still sleeping through the night, which leads me to share last night's adventure. This is what happened, Herb gave him a feeding at 9:30pm, he drank 4.0 oz and was pretty alert for a couple of hours. I figured I would give him a feeding at midnight and he would be out for the night. At about 10 minutes to midnight, I decided to bath him (which by the way he loves to the extent that he falls asleep in the bath). So I prepared the tub, undressed him and began to pour the warm water on him, he immediately fell asleep, about 10 seconds later, I see and hear a bubble in the water, when I look - there was caca everywhere. I figured quite rapidly that Seth is a multi tasker - he sleeps, bathes and does caca all at the same time. I could not believe it. I immediately cleaned up the water, finished his bath, put on his PJ's and gave him a bottle. Seth slept from about midnight until a quarter to six in the morning. We are very blessed as he is a great sleeper. Below are pictures that I took this morning of him as he went to his happy place on his swing. Have a beautiful day !!

Love,

A proud and happy Mama


1 comment:

Janette said...

He's sooooooooooo adorable!! I just love it!! Tooooo cute.