... And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6


Monday, February 25, 2008

Communicating With My Little Man


When Seth was about 4mths old, his doctor told me to buy the baby Einstein video called First Signs and have Seth repeately watch it. Well I did buy the video and he's been watching it and so have I. Together we have learned all about the world of signing (sign language). His doctor told me that if we exposed him to sign language at about 4 mths old, then by the time he was 8 mths old, that he would be communicating with everyone by signing, since at 8mths, they are still quite young to speak. Anyways, I have been teaching him the basic sign language, mama, daddy, milk, eat, drink and so on and so forth, but I have been really, really, really agressively teaching him how to sign "Mama". Well, all that hard work finally paid off. Today, my boy was sleeping and when he awoke, he opened up his eyes and I was right next to him and when I look, my baby boy was signing "Mama". I was sooooo excited, I signed back at him and repeatedly said "Mama, Mama" and all he did was sign and give me the biggest smile ever, almost like the one in this picture. Of course, after all the bragging I did to my family especially to my hubby, I then all of a sudden see Herbie in the corner carrying Seth, and signing "daddy", it was quite funny but very cute. Another milestone, I am just lovin this thing called motherhood. Thank You Jesus !!!!

2 comments:

Ohilda said...

Ok! That's it! I need him for a weekend and he will go home signing "Ayi"!!!!

I LOVE that picture of him. Oh my gosh, I could eat him up...but, every time I bite him, he cries! Go figure. :)

Janette said...

Oh Ily, you need to video tape him signing mommy and place it here so we can see him!! That would be so sweet. Like the clip you have on here of him laughing. I'll be waiting!!