... And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6


Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our North Carolina Vacation

Last post I made was about our drive to North Carolina and I shared alittle bit about our friends and the incident at the mall with Seth's pacifier. Well we finally made it up to the Beech Mountain on Friday 2/15 - it took us about 2.5 hrs. We left at 9:15 and made it to the restaurant were we met Herb's sister and her hubby and all the kids about 12:30ish. Upon arriving to the mountains the temperature was about 50 degrees, not much snow. The ski hills had snow but that was about it. I did take some cute pictures of us in the snow. Around 2:00ish we checked into the condo, a very nice 3 bedroom condo with a beautiful view of the mountains and the trees. On tuesday it finally snowed, everyone was so excited, we went out and took lots of pictures, had the opportunity to bundle up and set the fireplace and just shared family time. It was really really nice.

Yesterday, Wednesday 2/20 it was my sister in laws birthday, My nephew Shawn and his girlfriend elyssa baked their mom a cake which was yum yum and also cooked dinner for all of us. Since it was pretty cold during the day, I'd say it must have been about low 30's we cranked up the fireplace and made smores (yummy yummy - Hershey's kisses and marshmellows all melted inside the graham cracker).

Today is 2/21 and it is Barrel's birthday (I did learn that Barrel means Barry in Hebrew) and I just love that name so - with that being said, I will now start calling Herb's brother in law barrel instead of Barry) anyhow I am digressing, going back to Barrels birthday, we had planned to go out to dinner tonight for his birthday but their is a storm that is supposed to come in the afternoon and we just don't want to be on the road with the slick ice on the roads at that time, so we have decided to stay indoors and the kids voluntered to cook again but this time they are going to make chicken teriyaki (yum yum).

Other than that everything has been wonderful. We have had alittle snow (which is better than nothing) but we are so grateful that we have been able to spend a week with our family. More memories have been made and tucked away in our hearts.

Thank you Janette and Barrel for inviting us to spend this week with all of you.

1 comment:

Janette said...

It truly was a wonderful time shared. We usually get tons of snow while we're there but, as Barrel mentioned, the weather in the North East is so unpredicable. There's always next year. I loved sharing our special time together and playing the games. My time with Seth was NOT long enough but, what I did have will FOREVER be edged in my heart. Holding him close and rocking him to sleep, was such a gift to me. Anthony too has left me with many great memories. Most of all I learned of his GREAT athletic skills!! I have my beautiful Angel (birthday gift) already in my entertainment center, and I used my Sethy mug this morning. Gee Wiz I miss that little laugh of his. Let's make some plans soon.