... And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6


Monday, September 8, 2008

The "TETE" (Binkey)

DAY 1

As much as it breaks my heart - Seth's soothing oral fixation has been taken away. Tonight is Day 1 - I officially took the pacifier away at bedtime around 7:00pm, poor baby cried and cried and cried some more. He was unconsolable and yes pretty much hated me or at least that's how I felt. After crying for about 1 1/2 hrs, I put him on the floor to play with some toys to get his mind off of not having is tete. Around 9:15pm I put him down on our bed & you guessed it, the crying began again, but this time it was less pitched and more winey. After a few minutes, he streched his back (like in an arch position) mama rubbed his belly and Sethey fell fast asleep. We will see what the night has in store for us. Please include us in your prayers. Nite-Nite !!!!! Okay so here is how the night went. Seth woke up at 10:30ish an cried again for about 20 minutes. He finally went to sleep until 2:30 am. He woke up crying again, but this time the cry lasted maybe 8-10 minutes and then he fell asleep until 7:15 .

1 comment:

Janette said...

Awww... Poor Sethey. I guess I was pretty lucky that I did not have to go through this to the boys. Shawn threw his away himself when we was two, and Aaron never took to the pacifier.
Kisses to my Sethey.